Thursday, January 7, 2010

Makeup tips - perfect blusher for skin tone?

The beauty advisor at Bobbi Brown suggested a light pink to me at Xmas time when I went there but I think peach suits me better.





I have fair / light olive skin and blue eyes.





How can I be sure to get the right colour blush?Makeup tips - perfect blusher for skin tone?
theres loads of info about apply the right blusher for your face on this website


http://www.targetwoman.com/articles/how-鈥?/a>





X x x XMakeup tips - perfect blusher for skin tone?
Olive skin, no matter how light or dark, generally does better with peach, coral or bronze shades of blush. Pink is generally suited to a fairer, ';pinker'; complexion.





My skin might be similar to yours (but my eyes are dark brown, not blue). I'm light-to medium complected with rosy olive undertones. I've always used pinks or plums until recently my daughter told me, ';Mom, you are more beige. Don't use pink.'; She helped me pick out a Cover Girl blush called Soft Mink. I absolutely love it and will never use anything else. I can wear it year-round, no matter how pale or tan I am. And it's inexpensive. It's a bronzy peach. You might want to try it!
i'm fair but with olive undertones as well and i use a shimmery peachy-colored blush from rimmel. i think it looks much more natural than light pink.
the colour blush you use totally depends on the effect you are going for! If you just want to contour your face, you use one that blends into your skin tone, like peach. If you want to look fresh faced, you use a light pink on the apples of your cheeks. If you want dramatic cheekbones, you use a heavier blush again. Try the mac website for make up looks, they usually do good example pictures on there of what im talking about! Also, feel free to go back into bobbi brown or any other counter as often as you want an dannoy them with questions. Thats what they are there for and also, each person will give you a slightly different answer because they are basically giving an educated opinion (perhaps not the part timers though), not a maths equation with a definite right and wrong answer!
I'm a makeup artist and I have tan skin and use peaches and ambers on my skin. I think with your skin tone a rose pink shade would work best and make your eyes pop. If you really like peach colors Georgia by Benefit is a really good natural peach that would work best on fair tones

No comments:

Post a Comment